Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Consequences Delayed

Hello my faithful following of one. I am updating after an extended hiatus that I cannot guarantee will not happen again. I have decided to follow my internal inclinations and leave the LDS church. It has been an exciting few months as I rediscover a part of life that I kept myself from for over eight years. I love iced tea, I own a coffee maker, I enjoy the occasional cocktail and I prefer fruity wines the best. I have attended parties where there are no children, nor talk of them. Fortunately, I have been joined in this (at least in some respect) with the love, support and participation of my husband.
My kids still ask about church occasionally, and my son has taken to reading the book of mormon on occasion. We don't dissuade discussion, and we know that it is a difficult change, especially for children.
I have told my family about my change in religious feeling, mostly with support (but of course nothing but judgement and questions from my mother). We have not told my husband's family yet, and I'm not sure when we will. Let's just say that conversations have become a bit tricky, and I never realized how much of our conversations revolved around "The Church".
I'm feeling happy and liberated and free to form my own thoughts based on my view of the world and my understanding of how it works.
I think things will continue getting better, especially when I allow them to.

1 comment:

  1. Yay! I am excited for you. I know for a fact it is a very difficult decision, and I still have not formally told my parents, though if my mother is a religious reader of my blog, she may have seen my story. Good luck on your continued journey to self-discovery as an ex-Mormon!

    ReplyDelete